Founder & CEO of JHOSI
Sharmaine Brown is the founder of Jared’s Heart of Success, Inc. (JHOSI) a nonprofit providing gun and group violence intervention to the communities in Georgia and South Carolina. Mrs. Brown is a passionate leader for change in her community, partnering with local school districts and after school programs to provide programs and counseling for youth.
Mrs. Brown is an advocate for public safety measures with a strong desire to protect people from all forms of violence. As the CEO, Mrs. Brown also partners and advocates with other organizations locally and nationally.
- Community Activist - Dekalb County Group Violence Intervention Program
- Everytown Faith Advisory Council Member
- Sandy Hook National School Advisory Council Member
- Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network Community Champion
- Prevention Action Collaborative of Gwinnett Advisory Board Member
Vice President| Myrtle B. Milton
Secretary| Yolanda Hatch
Board Chair| Rovina Terry Billingslea
Treasurer| James Brown
Recognition & Awards
2021 Outstanding Leadership and Dedication to Youth Safety- Sandy Hook National School Advisory Committee
2020 Adult Advisor of the Year from Guide, Inc.
2019 Jared’s Heart of Success Inc - Youth Action Team of the Year from Guide, Inc.
2018 Unsung Heroine Public Service Award from Saving Our Children and Families, Inc.
2017 Bold and Fearless award from the National Coalition of 100 Black Women